Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Wonder-full Wednesday

About a month ago, I stumbled across a fabulous blog that now makes me smile on a regular basis. Every day over at Wonders Never Cease, author Becky Ramsey posts a different ‘wonder’ of the world. It’s the perfect way to remind myself to appreciate the little things…and there are usually some pretty cool pictures too. This week, she challenged all of her readers to post a wonder of their own so here you will find mine. Thanks to the people over at flickr for allowing me to use some of the photos below (Well, the good ones are from flickr, the less impressive ones belong to me!)




Today’s Wonder is HANDS!



I love hands.




















Young or old; weak or strong; soft and smooth or rough and hardened…hands say it all. Certainly no other appendage is quite so multitalented. In fact, I bet feet are pretty jealous.












Flickr photo by Sara Heinrichs


Hands can point, touch, caress, even hide.















Flickr photo by -rt-


They count, write, type.













Flickr photo by Guinnevere Lee



They tap, tickle, reach, hold.














Hands reveal a lot about a person.


In fact, they’re downright terrible at keeping secrets…
Remember when Scarlett’s calloused hands revealed that she’d been working in the cotton fields! Oh, the shame!













And what about this secret?















Yikes! Whose hand is that? She must have some sort of medical condition...Oh, the shame!



















Yes, now I’m embarrassed. Certainly my poor nails don’t deserve such abuse, and yet…
Am I stressed?
Nervous?
Maybe…hungry?
Or simply crazy?
Well…that’s another secret altogether.


But on this wonder-full Wednesday, I will let these magic hands remind you that it’s a wonder-full world!

8 comments:

LW said...

What a wonder-full wonder.....
Hands are amazing and I think holding hands
Is the best thing in the world.

Louise

Rebecca Ramsey said...

Bravo! Bravo, Robyn! I'm giving you a hand!
Awesome post!
Now I want to go hold someone's hands.
Thanks for being part of the party! It's going to be a great day!

Adrienne said...

Oh, I totally agree - hands fascinate me. I love them, even if they are the dickens to draw!

LizR said...

Great post! And I absolutely LOVE that video.

Liz

Life on the Edge said...

What a great post on hands! I really love the pic of the hands and feet together. Great pic from Gone with the Wind too!

Kady

Sara Cox Landolt said...

This blog party has been so much fun! Love the pictures. Beautiful scene on top, is that from South Africa? Wow. What an amazing world to explore!

Jojo said...

Hi Robyn! So nice to meet you at the blog party. I am a few days late getting around to reading all of the party attendees but better late than never. Your post on hands reminds me how much I enjoy seeing hands of the elderly and wondering what those hands have done in their lifetime.

Jessica B. Howell said...

Beautiful, as always...