Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Ten days.

Ten days. Seriously? Is it really only ten? I've been back in the US for ten days and South Africa already feels like a distant memory (a very sunny and relaxing memory!). Now, don't get me wrong; I'm thrilled to be back... it's just that my head is spinning. Car? Check. Apartment? Check. Holiday merriment? Check. Next on the list - a wedding in North Carolina where I will be reunited with my college girlfriends, but as soon as I get back, well, that's when my real life begins. And top priority in my real life? Operation Job Search. (And apparently, it's not what you know but who you know, so please shoot me an email if you think you can help your favorite blogger find a writing gig!)

Also on the list in my real life is to figure out how to keep this blog going in a mutually beneficial way. You know, so I can keep pretending to be Carrie Bradshaw and you can keep finding amusement in my nonsense. Don't worry; I'm sure we'll work something out.

But in the mean time, here's to a very happy New Year!
See you in 2009!

2 comments:

Hayley said...

Oh wow, you have been there a while already!
Good luck with the job hunting!
From a very hot SA.

Kim Stone said...

Hi Robyn, I work with your husband at Coverdell and I recently found out about your blog and have been perusing it ever since. We actually have a lot in common-- first, my husband and I are moving to Australia in three weeks, so we're also doing the trans-continental move; second, I also went to Vandy! (English, Communication Studies, and Psych majors); third, I am also a writer (worked as an editor at a publishing company right out of college, then freelanced, and will be writing some more in Australia); fourth, I just started a blog to commemorate the journey and try to keep the parents happy. Anyway, your blog has been inspiring and Roger gave me quite a few tips yesterday on how to pack light. I'm excited. Anyway, just wanted to drop you a line!