Friday, February 1, 2008

Off she goes...

I don’t mind airplanes. I actually enjoy flying. Weird huh? I mean, sure my butt goes a little numb after four or five hours, and sometimes it’s tough to get comfortable enough to sleep, but overall – it’s not so bad. Watch a few movies. Read a book. I even like the food. And who doesn’t like to be offered a drink and a snack every three to four hours?

Tomorrow I board yet another plane (this flight an ‘easy’ nine hours as opposed to the twenty I spent on a plane last week). Roger and I are leaving to go to India where we will meet up with Darby and Dave. The four of us will spend two weeks exploring Mumbai, Delhi, Jaipur, Agra and Goa (and eating lots of curry along the way).

I’m not sure what to expect. A friend of mine went to India last year, and she said the trip made her realize that there is a strong distinction between “vacation” and “travel.” She proclaimed a trip to India to be the latter. Hmmm. It will be exciting, no doubt, but I have to admit – I’m a little nervous. Oh well, if nothing else, I’m sure I will have some new stories to tell, so hopefully, you won’t be subjected to any more insomnia fueled whine-fests (for awhile anyway).

But for now - I'm off.
Check back in a few weeks for "Adventures in India." (And hopefully they won't involve malaria, typhoid fever or 'Delhi Belly'...damn, I wonder if I should have gone for those shots after all.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, that's it! No more traveling without communication! What do I get to read at work....THE NEWS!? That crap is for adults, I want a hot batch of angst and turmoil from the other divine Mrs. M. (that would be you, just so I am clear). I expect an entry this time with pictures, of National Geographic caliber, for after all this time I have forgotten how to read. Miss you:) - Katie

Anonymous said...

It may seem odd that I said I "read at work" and then I say "I have forgotten how to read", but I assure you the latter is the truth.
-Katie